Thrive dental and orthodontics
A children’s dentist should be able to handle multiple types of patients. If your child is excited or nervous we got you covered!
When should I visit the dentist for the first time?
It may seem a little early but we like to see our patients at around the age of 6 months. This is typically when a child’s first tooth erupts. At this age our dentists are able to show the parents how to properly care for their children’s dental needs. We will evaluate tooth eruption and check for overall gum and oral health.
What to expect at your child’s first visit?
Your child’s first visit will be very easy. With the help of the parents, your dentist will check your child’s overall dental health as well as make their first introduction to the patient. This is a great and easy way for your child to get familiar with our dental office in Richardson, TX.
At-home oral care for kids
Having proper at home dental care for your child is the best way to keep them healthy. At your first visit we will teach you how to keep your kids teeth clean and how to monitor their gums. A few things we will teach you are:
- To help brush your child’s teeth until they have the dexterity to do this on their own.
- Show you how to whip your children’s gums until they have enough fully erupted baby teeth.
- Teach you how to floss their teeth once they have two teeth that touch.
- Talk to you about overall diet and how that relates to cavities.
- Discuss bottle feeding and the potential drawbacks of baby bottle decay.