Professional teeth whitening
Teeth whitening is one of the most affordable and effective way to brighten your smile. There are a few ways to whiten your teeth at Thrive Dental in Richardson so let’s review your options.
How does whitening work?
Whitening using a few active ingredients such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide to gently oxidize any stains you may have.
There are varying concentrations of tooth whitening gel and therefore the gel we use at a dental office is a lot stronger than the whitening gel you may use at home.
Zoom! In-office whitening
Zoom whitening is the gold standard for in-office whitening. It involves using strong whitening gel along with desensitizing agents to quickly and safely whiten your teeth.
The procedure takes less than 60 minutes at our Richardson location and your teeth will be visibly whiter.
After you are done with your treatment we will also give you whitening trays to take home so you can “touch up” your teeth at your convenience.
Our patients can all benefit from take-home whitening gel because we give it for free. Yes, that’s right! We give our new patients free whitening for life. The process involves:
- Taking a custom impression
- Making a whitening tray specific to your mouth.
- Utilizing whitening gel every night for roughly an hour to get the desired whiteness.
How long does whitening last?
Whitening longevity varies from person to person. A few things you can do to prolong the whiteness of your teeth are:
- Drink dark drinks through a straw
- Brush with an electric toothbrush to remove extrinsic stains.
- Come in for your regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- Periodically utilize the take-home whitening for touch up treatment.